Monday 17 July 2017

Europe Tour Part 2

07/04 AVIGNON




After a really really long bus ride lat night we had finally arrived in at Pont du Gard. The Pont du Gard is an aquaduct located in the South of France. It is the highest of all ancient Roman aqueducts, so it was spectacular to see.
Pont du Gard

We then continued on to Avignon. Once we arrived we were given a bit of free time to relax before we began to explore the city. This city was truly something that I had never seen before in my life, it was so beautiful. 




08/04 AVIGNON --> BARCERLONA

During the trip to Barcelona we had a short stop in Carcasonne to break up the long drive. There we experienced an amazing medieval town. 




In the late afternoon we arrived in Barcelona, and everyone was super excited because for many of us this was the first time we had seen the sea and the beach in a long time. Our accommodation (which I unfortunately don't have a photo of) was in very cute small batches. I was rooming with all my best friends, Ana, Savannah, Lindsey, Kate and Maddy so I was super super happy!

09/04 BARCELONA 

Today we spent the day looking around Barcelona. We began our day by driving to Park Güell a really famous park in Barcelona. From pictures I had seen this one of the many places I was most excited for on the Europe Tour. Although the sculptures were very beautiful, I found the atmosphere was completely different to what I expected as it was jam packed full of people. 





We spent the rest of the afternoon looking around Barcelonas city. 

10/04 BARCELONA 

Today we were given the option to go back into Barcelona for the day or to spend the day at the beach near our accommodation. I decided to stay at the beach. At 10 am Kate and I headed to the beach for a long awaited swim in the Mediterranean. It was super super cold but totally worth it. 



11/04 BARCELONA --> NICE, FRANCE

Today we hopped on the bus yet again to travel across the border back into France. After a drive which felt like it took years (Around 7 hours) we arrived in Nice, and the city was beautiful. Unfortunately the sun quickly went under so we didn't get to see much of the town, but this  definitely gives me a reason to come back to France. 



Thats all for now, and hopefully the next blog post will be posted in the next few days. 

Until then!!

Jasmine x





1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday my beautiful baby girl in 10mins you will be 19 and a stuning young lady but to me you will always be my beautiful baby girl I love u till the end of time now and forever mum xx ♥

    ReplyDelete